After breakfast, our guide will pick up you at 8.30am from your guesthouse/Hotel in Bukit Lawang and you will start your journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans. On your trek (6-7 hours), your guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser. After lunch, you will continue your trek to see other wildlife (if you’re lucky you may see the Thomas’ leaf monkey, white-handed gibbon, black gibbon, long-tailed macaque, pig-tailed macaque, hornbills, peacocks and monitor lizards) and learn about the trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine.
Late afternoon-your guide will select a suitable spot next to the river to set-up camp (either at Landak river (Jamur Batu) or Bohorok river. You are then free to enjoy the fresh water of the river, swim in the waterfall, help prepare dinner or even learn some jungle skills. Before settling down to sleep surrounded by the sounds of the jungle and river.
Day 02 :
After breakfast continue your adventure into the depths of the jungle, spotting wildlife throughout the day and learning more about orangutans (their behaviour, lifestyle and social skills). After lunch, continue your trek to camp at the edge of Bohorok River (Batu Lintang or Ekor). You are then free to swim, help prepare dinner, or even go fishing. After dinner, weather permitting, our team will prepare a bonfire and the guides will entertain you with their jungle skills, games and songs before you settle down to sleep.
After breakfast either i) continue your trek with a 3 hour walk in the jungle, then back to the camp, or ii) relax at camp, enjoying the beauty of the jungle around you and swim in the cool and refreshing Bohorok river. After lunch, you will leave the campsite by traditional rafting boat (‘jungle style’) following the river downstream to the village and directly to Bukit Lawang. Bukit lawang 3 days jungle trekking – Wild Adventure
120 Euros. for 1 person/ minimum 2 person maximum group 6 person .
Guide fee, meals (day 1-lunch, dinner, fruit, day 2-breakfast, lunch, dinner, fruit, day 3-breakfast, lunch, fruit), all equipment (tent, roll mat, sleeping bag), , and traditional tube rafting back during the trek. Entrance fee to Gunung Leuser National Park of 10 Euros/person.
* 1 person-Please contact us. Where possible, we will place you with other groups to make sure you do not miss out.
What to bring :
- A small backpack with clothes, raincoat, swimwear, small towel, small pillow, personal items, toilet paper, medicines, camera + spare battery + memory card (in a waterproof bag), insect repellent, sunblock, torch, plastic bag (to put wet clothes in), sandals/ flip flops (to walk around the camp).
- Please make sure your luggage is as light as possible (ideally under 10kg).
- 1 bottle of water 1,5 liter & the guide will refill at the camp with boiled water.
- Clothing: long sleeves/trousers are optional as there are few mosquitos. Although nights can be cold in the jungle. Wearing something comfortable is most important.
- Shoes: waterproof shoes with good grip/tread are essential for slippery paths.