After breakfast, our guide will pick up you at 8.30am from your guesthouse/Hotel in Bukit Lawang and you will start your journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans. On your trek (6-7 hours), your guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser. After lunch, you will continue your trek to see other wildlife (if you’re lucky you may see the Thomas’ leaf monkey, white-handed gibbon, black gibbon, long-tailed macaque, pig-tailed macaque, hornbills, peacocks and monitor lizards) and learn about the trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine.
Late afternoon-on arrival at camp, you are free to enjoy the fresh water of the Bohorok river, swim and relax. Later on, you will leave the campsite by traditional rafting boat (‘jungle style’) following the river downstream to the village Bukit Lawang.
1 person-55 Euros.
3 person or more-50 Euros/person.
Guide fee, meals (lunch, fruit), and traditional tube rafting back during the trek. Entrance fee to the Gunung Leuser National Park of 10 Euros/person.
What to bring :
- A small backpack with raincoat, toilet paper, medicines, camera + spare battery , insect repellent, sunblock.
- Please make sure your luggage is as light as possible (ideally under 10kg).
- a 1.5L bottle of water for each person.
- Clothing: long sleeves/trousers are optional as there are few mosquitos. Wearing something comfortable is most important.
- Shoes: waterproof shoes with good grip/tread are essential for slippery paths.