After breakfast, our guide will pick up you at 8.30am from your guesthouse/Hotel in Bukit Lawang and you will start your journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans and thomas’ leaf monkey, white-handed gibbon, black gibbon, long-tailed macaque, pig-tailed macaque, hornbills, peacocks and monitor lizards.
During the trek our guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser, and teach you about the local trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine. After lunch, you will walk back to your guesthouse in Bukit lawang from the jungle.
1 person-45 Euros
2 person or more-35 Euros/person.
Guide fee, meals (lunch, fruit), entrence fee to the Gunung Leuser National Park of 10 euros/person.
What to bring
- A small backpack with raincoat, toilet paper, medicines, camera + spare battery , insect repellent, sunblock.
- Please make sure your luggage is as light as possible (ideally under 10kg).
- 1.5L bottle of water for each person.
- Clothing: long sleeves/trousers are optional as there are few mosquitos. Wearing something comfortable is most important.
- Shoes: waterproof shoes with good grip/tread are essential for slippery paths.